What our customers say:
‘We’ve been members of the toy library for two years. My pre-school-age children love it, especially the craft and painting sessions! Everyone’s friendly and there’s always something different to do.’
Nicola Thompson, March 2015
With so many toys to borrow, we know you’ll find something that captures your child’s imagination!
Toys must be returned clean. It helps to stop the spread of germs. Here’s a quick guide about how to clean the toys:
- If soiled, wash the toy well with hot, soapy water, using a toothbrush to get into the nooks and crannies. Rinse well.
- Dry the toy with a clean tea towel.
- If your child has been ill please disinfect the toys, but do not soak them in disinfectant as this can remove the colour from some plastics.
- Please do not immerse baby rattles in water.
- Please do not soak wooden toys. Wash them well with a damp cloth and pat dry.
- Wash Duplo well with toothbrush and hot soapy water. Rinse and leave to drain overnight on a tea towel.
- Wash bath toys well and use a little disinfectant.
- Outdoor and sandpit toys must be well cleaned as most are used inside as well.
- Ride-on toys must be cleaned well. Please do not leave outside overnight, in the rain, or in the hot sun, as their colour will deteriorate very quickly.
- Please wash and dry dressing up costumes.
- Wipe wooden puzzles, board games and cardboard puzzles with a hot, soapy, damp (not wet) cloth or disinfectant wipes.
We want the children to have fun and enjoy the Toy Library toys; however members are responsible for the toys they borrow. Toys should be used correctly, and care should be taken with small parts and magnets. Toys should not be left outside for prolonged periods. We understand that sometimes accidents do happen, and if a toy is damaged, lost or pieces are lost by a member, small charges may apply.
Members are also responsible for ensuring their children wear helmets while using bikes and scooters (see here for more details (Link for DTL Waiver).