Toys must be returned clean. It helps to stop the spread of germs. Here’s a quick guide about how to clean the toys:
- If soiled, wash the toy well with hot, soapy water, using a toothbrush to get into the nooks and crannies. Rinse well.
- Dry the toy with a clean tea towel.
- If your child has been ill please disinfect the toys, but do not soak them in disinfectant as this can remove the colour from some plastics.
- Please do not immerse baby rattles in water.
- Please do not soak wooden toys. Wash them well with a damp cloth and pat dry.
- Wash Duplo well with a toothbrush and hot soapy water. Rinse and leave to drain overnight on a tea towel.
- Wash bath toys well and use a little disinfectant.
- Outdoor and sandpit toys must be well cleaned as most are used inside as well.
- Ride-on toys must be cleaned well. Please do not leave outside overnight, in the rain, or in the hot sun, as their colour will deteriorate very quickly.
- Please wash and dry dressing up costumes.
- Wipe wooden puzzles, board games and cardboard puzzles with a hot, soapy, damp (not wet) cloth or disinfectant wipes.