The earth's environment is under severe stress from uncontrolled human activity, threatening the survival of our society and the performance of Derbyshire Toy Library's mission.
Derbyshire Toy Library (DTL) contributes to the environmental sustainability of the planet by encouraging the sharing, donation and repair of toys, and the purchase of only quality toys that are durable and will last for many years.
DTL accepts that it must work to preserve the environmental sustainability of the planet, at all levels of its operations – in its own practice, and as a participant in a community of practice.
DTL aspires to minimise its impact on our environment and maximise the effective use of resources. We strive to achieve this by increasing communication and awareness of our efforts in accordance with this policy and fostering responsible environmental behaviour amongst staff, volunteers, and members at all levels.
DTL is committed not only to complying with applicable law in all of its operations but to minimise risks and impacts through the development of robust and documented systems to implement, measure, monitor, and disseminate excellent environmental performance both within its operations and to the broader community.
This Sustainability Policy aims to integrate a philosophy of sustainable development into all the organisation’s activities and to establish and promote sound environmental practice in our operations.
Policies can be established or altered only by the Board: Procedures may be altered by the CEO.
DISCLAIMER: While all care has been taken in the preparation of this material, no responsibility is accepted by the author(s) or Our Community, its staff, volunteers or partners, for any errors, omissions or inaccuracies. The material provided in this resource has been prepared to provide general information only. It is not intended to be relied upon or be a substitute for legal or other professional advice. No responsibility can be accepted by the author(s) or Our Community or its partners for any known or unknown consequences that may result from reliance on any information provided in this publication.
DTL commits itself to minimise its impact on our environment through
- Providing a safe and healthful workplace
- Having an environmentally sustainable aware culture, where responsibility is assigned and understood
- Enhancing awareness among our employees, volunteers, and members – educating and motivating them to act in an environmentally responsible manner
- Being an environmentally responsible neighbour in our community
- Conserving natural resources by reusing and recycling
- Encouraging our members to reuse and recycle
- Encouraging and promoting toy donations in the broader community
- Providing advice to members on the environmental sustainability of toys;
- Using, in our own operations, processes that do not adversely affect the environment
- Ensuring the responsible use of energy throughout the organisation
- Taking steps to improve environmental performance continually and
- Working with suppliers who promote sound environmental practices.